Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Funny Fishing Story

When I was around 11, maybe 12, I was at the Jetty with my dad and granddad. We all were fishing; my dad and I were down on the rocks as my granddad was fishing from up top. Out of nowhere my granddad starts shouting and hollerin' about a huge fish on the line. I look over and my dad grabs the net and jumps down onto a rock next to the water in front of my granddad. I was watching my granddad fight this fish for a solid 5 minutes. He is cranking the rod near breaking point. The pole's tip bent so far its about to touch the handle, my granddad leaning back fighting with all his strength. This was for sure to be a big fish. After the battle is going on for a few moments, the monster started coming in, as it nears the surface, mass amounts of bubbles emerge from beneath the water. My dad was not wanting to net in this fish, he was scared and hopped off of the rock. A few moments after he left the rock, the fish finally came up to the surface. Come to find out it was a man diving where everyone is fishing. My dad and I were laughing our asses off. My granddad broke in a big sweat and was all worn out from fighting (what was the fish, now a diver).

1 comment:

  1. Damn Tanner, that story got me going! Who would have thought that it would have been some guy diving and not a fish haha.

    ReplyDelete